Tuesday 31 May 2016

Gym Time!

Hi Everyone!

Well todays been a very busy day of picking up bits for my costume for my college show and going to the gym and I have a skating lesson so I'm blogging now while I have a spare 20 minutes to sit and chill!

I love going to the gym, when I have time, as I always feel so refreshed afterwards and my body feels so on point! For me going to the gym is a form of stress relief (like my Skating lesson) but I also need to go to the gym for my training as my stamina and fitness needs to be improved. I also would like abs for the summer so going to the gym is slowly starting to help!
My gym is very local to me and is a ladies only gym which I love because in the past when I have had memberships to other gyms I found it intimidating working out with these tank men and the last gym I went to was full of twats from my school who made me feel very paranoid and self conscious and made comments quite a lot of the time which is not on! Everyone should feel comfortable to go to the gym to work out without fear of judgement or feeling like they don't belong there. It really annoys me when people think that only super fit people are allowed to be in the gym. Its the total opposite and everyone should be welcomed into any gym as someone who has an interest in improving their fitness!
Rant over!

I thought that if any of you go to the gym, or are starting out, and not have a plan that they might benefit from getting an idea of what mine is! Its not perfect and I am constantly trying to improve it and make it more challenging!

Here goes!

So I start with the cardio machines but I always make sure to warm up properly before hand with stretches that are specific for my body and muscles as I have very tight achilles and stiff muscles and they need extra stretch time!

*m= minutes*




















After the cardio Machine I head over to the weight machines but because I have very strong legs due to dance and ice skating I don't usually use the leg weight machines and focus on my arms as I have weak upper body strength and need to tone up my arms!


















A few tips and general needs for the gym is remember to bring water and a towel! Trust me these are a need in the gym, especially when working out really hard!

Hope this helps a few of you out if you are struggling with a fitness plan!

Charlotte x

No comments:

Post a Comment