Tuesday 6 September 2016

NEW YORK DAY 4- Travelling Back to England

Hi Everyone!

Well it's here, the last day of my trip to New York and what an adventure it has been!

As this was our last day it was really a day for us to do some last minute shopping and to wander around the streets of New York, one last time before a 7 hour flight back to 'fun' England!

We got up kinda late and I decided to skip breakfast so I could start packing. But there was a slight problem. I may or may not have bought too much and needed another suitcase because if we packed everything into the one case then we would have been well over the weight limit! I packed as much as I could and left most of the new stuff out as me and Kathy went on a trip to this small store to buy a small suitcase. It only cost $15! Like seriously, America is a winner! So we head back and packed everything else and left the suitcases at the hotel and headed off one last time! I really wanted to go to Bath and Body Works because over priced toiletries are my thing! So we headed up towards the one by the Chrysler Building and I of course spent too much dollar on candles etc! Afterwards we went for a coffee then headed back through Grand Central Station. We decided to go to Chipotle for lunch and I was hyped because I love Mexican Food and have always wanted to try Chipotle! It was so so good!
After food we headed towards outside Macy's because there was like a seating area in the sun and we had some time to chill and we wanted to make the most of the amazing New York weather. We spent about 45 minutes just sitting taking it all in then went back to the hotel to get our bags and to get in the taxi to Newark Airport. 
We got in the taxi around 3.10pm and it took an hour to get to airport but of course the traffic was slow and it took us well over an hour to get to the airport. The taxi ride was certainly one to remember with Emilio the taxi driver making sure we knew where we were and how long we were from the airport!

Arriving at Newark airport was like an indoor Times Square. BEDLAM. We were dropped off in the wrong are and had to head to another place to check in and I have never ben so stressed out in my existence. Basically you had to check your own bags in on these self service machines then head to this massive conveyer belt and gave it to a guy who put it on the belt. I mean this was after the entirety of THE AIRPORT jumped the queue. At this point I was about to lose my shit but had to keep calm as we were about the head through security and I didn't want to get pulled in for having a right meltdown!
We got through security and headed to the gate. By this point I was frazzled beyond recognition and really sad that I was leaving New York. I ended up crying over pizza and nearly causing a shit storm at the gate when they changed our seats around. But it was for the better because we ended up in Economy Plus with extra leg room. Well I would have had extra leg room if I didn't have a complete TWAT sat next to me! This woman practically sat on me the ENTIRE journey and then had the NERVE to take her shoes off and have her stinking bare feet on show. I literally was so close to flinging myself out the door while we were in the air! I swear, some people just want to watch the world burn. And we were delayed by about an hour because of the air con not working but hey it meant I was in America an hour longer.

The flight was an over night flight which meant I slept for most of the journey, even with the award winning twat sat next to me. We left Newark at 8.45pm ish and landed at 7.30 am in Newcastle. It was official. My New York dream was over and I was back in the most boring place ever.

New York was literally a drama come true an to see both of my all time favourite shows on Broadway still hasn't sunk in! I have fallen in love with New York completely and have decided that I will be applying New York drama schools. I just can't believe how much I love New York. I adore Broadway even more now. I have no more words to say about this truly amazing trip!

I hope you all enjoyed this series of blog posts! Its been really nice to write down in detail about my trip and I can't wait for the next time I go to New York (which is hopefully soon)

Charlotte x

No comments:

Post a Comment