Sunday 11 September 2016

Dilemma Central!

Hi Everyone!

Today is my last day of the summer holidays and I could really do with 4 more lots of 3 months off tbh! I will be going into my Second year of college and this is the year where I need to make some pretty important decisions and have some of the most important auditions that I will probably ever do. I will be applying for drama schools (basically uni but for actors) but I am in such a dilemma with where to apply for! 

I can't decide between New York and London! I love both of these cities and until this summer I was set on moving to London and only applying for London schools but due to my recent trip to New York, I really want to get into a New York school! 
There are pros and cons for both cities, for example, I love London and as its the same country I don't have to deal with visas etc. It also means that moving is so much easier! I have always loved London and its a dream of mine to be on the West End one day. Its been a dream of mine since I can remember! 
However, I want a fresh start and felt London was far away enough but the older I get and the more people I meet, the closer London actually feels. I need to move away from the north east especially. There are people that I hope to never see again and want to get away from as they are a waste of space. I also need to explore more as I have spent 17 years in the same small crap city and need to get out as I cannot spend another year here without properly losing my shit!
Now though I know quite a few people in London and feel like theres a chance of bumping into someone who I never want to see again! I mean not everyone I know in London is an idiot, it is just a small minority but still! If I have the chance for a fresh start then Imma jump on it!

This is why I want to move to New York. Moving far away means that there is no chance of bumping into arseholes and I can have a fresh start. I can also meet new people and be closer to Broadway! I love New York and its hussle and bussle, and I feel like theres ore for me over there! The thought of attending a New York school would be truly amazing and I feel like I would have more of a shot than living in London. I also want to see the world as theres a whole world I want to see and explore! I also love America and there seem to be more opportunities over there, especially on Broadway! But it means that I am far away from my true pals (granted there isn't many) and I really would miss them!

I honestly don't know what I want and where to go because I love London but want a complete fresh start! All I know for a fact is that once I've moved away from the North East, I am NEVER EVER coming back! I can't wait to leave this shit hole and all the horrendous people I have had the misfortune to meet.

We will see what happens this year! God knows where I will end up but hopefully its where I want to be! So watch this space y'all!

Charlotte x

No comments:

Post a Comment