Wednesday 16 August 2017

Dear Rosie

Dear Rosie,

Nearly a month has passed since you left me and I feel like now is the time to write this letter to you, words cannot describe how lonely I am without you and how much I miss you. You were by my side for 7 years and I would say you were my silky dramatic sidekick.

When I first saw you in the section of pets that had been abandoned or were up for separate adoption I instantly fell in love with you, your massive ears were just so perfect and your beautiful face made my heart melt. Bringing you home was one of my favourite memories of all time, we put your box on the table while we set up your hutch and I can remember so distinctively your ears just poking out the box. You were so tiny, I couldn't get over how small you were even though you were already a year old! It felt like we were instantly best friends and you seemed to have accepted me as your owner straight away. I have so many amazing memories of you that will never leave me: summer days of me lying on a blanket while you were sunbathing in your run, your silky black coat shining in the sunlight. Giving you a present every Christmas because you were a member of the family and deserved so many treats. When you were a bit older we bought you a lead and I was obsessed with walking you around the house!

Any time with you was the highlight of any day. When you were in your tent and just fell asleep which was the cutest thing ever! Even though you wee'd on me and pooped all over the place, including my bed, and you bit me badly only the once you were still my little pickle. When we first found the lump on you 2 years ago the bottom of my world fell out, the thought of you in pain and not in my life broke my heart. After your surgery and stay in the rabbit caravan I thought you would hate me after the struggle of giving you antibiotics but nevertheless you still showed your love and affection. I thought you would be fine and that would be it but then the second lump came which we got removed again and then the third lump came. We were told that this was the end of the road and we should make you comfortable. I couldn't bare the thought of you in my life and spoilt you even more. I stopped caring if you wee'd on me and my bed and I didn't care that I was allergic to you and not taking an anti histamine would mean sneezing all day. Watching you get slower and slower and quieter worried me so much but you kept powering through until the 18th July 2017, Kathy was picking me up from work and told me how unwell you were and that the third lump had started bleeding badly. The drive up to the vets was the worst 30 minutes of my life. When we were told you were in a lot of pain and it was kinder to put you to sleep, words cannot describe the pain and heartbreak of watching you go to sleep but I was going to be with you in the end, I would never leave you ever. For the past few weeks I have constantly missed you and when I first walked past your empty hutch it really sank in that I would never see you again.

But I am a firm believer in reincarnation and believe that once you passed away you started your life again as a new born bunny who is going to go on to make someone else as happy as I was. I consider myself one of the luckiest people to have known you and my life won't be the same without you. You impacted my life so much and I want to thank you for all the love and snuggles you gave me over the years. I hope your new life is just as lovely as this one was!

I love you so much Rosie.

Charlotte xx




Rosie Fairbairn - October 2010 - 18th July 2017

No comments:

Post a Comment